- Seminar MeFoSyLoMa at LRDE. — 18 May 2018
- Invited speakers : Étienne Renault - LRDE-EPITA, "The quest for an efficient LTL model-checking", and Mathias Ramparison - LIPN, Université Paris 13, "Timed automata with parametric updates"
- Joseph Chazalon becomes assistant professor in LRDE's Olena team. — 14 May 2018
After having started last year to work at the lab as a postdoc from Laboratoire Image, Informatique et Interaction (L3i) of Université de La Rochelle, Joseph joins now the lab as assistant professor specialized in computer vision. He will continue to work on the projects of the Olena team.
- Publication The Tree of Shapes Turned into a Max-Tree: A Simple and Efficient Linear Algorithm in Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) — 10 May 2018
- Publication Real-Time Document Detection in Smartphone Videos in Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) — 10 May 2018
- Publication Un algorithme de complexité linéaire pour le calcul de l'arbre des formes in Actes du congrès Reconnaissance des Formes, ImageApprentissage et Perception (RFIAP) — 4 May 2018
- Publication Segmentation des hyperintensités de la matière blanche en quelques secondes à l'aide d'un réseau de neurones convolutif et de transfert d'apprentissage in Actes du congrès Reconnaissance des Formes, ImageApprentissage et Perception (RFIAP), session spéciale “Deep Learning, deep in France” — 4 May 2018
- Publication Parallel Model Checking Algorithms for Linear-Time Temporal Logic in Handbook of Parallel Constraint Reasoning — 10 April 2018
- Publication Approaches in Typecase Optimization in European Lisp Symposium — 5 April 2018
- Publication Parallel Computation of Component Trees on Distributed Memory Machines in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems — 2 April 2018
- Vcsn 2.7 released. — 29 March 2018
This version is mostly a bug fix release, with improvements in the documentation, based on user feedback.
- Publication Method Combinators in 11th European Lisp Symposium — 25 March 2018
- Publication The Challenge of Cerebral Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Neonates: A New Method using Mathematical Morphology for the Segmentation of Structures Including Diffuse Excessive High Signal Intensities in Medical Image Analysis — 22 March 2018
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Alexis Di Lisi, Master student intern from Sciences Sorbonne Université, who joins the Spot team. — 8 March 2018
- Publication White Matter Hyperintensities Segmentation In a Few Seconds Using Fully Convolutional Network and Transfer Learning in Brainlesion: Glioma, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injuries— 3rd International WorkshopBrainLes 2017, Held in Conjunction with MICCAI 2017, Quebec City, QC, Canada, September 14 2017, Revised Selected Papers — 6 February 2018
- Publication Lisp, Jazz, Aikido in The Art, Science and Engineering of Programming Journal — 5 February 2018
- Publication A first step toward a fair comparison of evaluation protocols for text detection algorithms in Proceedings of the IAPR International Workshop on Document Analysis Systems (DAS) — 2 February 2018
- Publication Saliency-Based Detection of Identity Documents Captured by Smartphones in Proceedings of the IAPR International Workshop on Document Analysis Systems (DAS) — 2 February 2018
- CSI Seminar : CSI 2018 students present their work. — 24 January 2018
You can find the programme here. Seminars are free and open to anyone.
- Spot 2.5 was released — 20 January 2018
The main features of this release are algorithms for working with parity acceptance, new functions to convert to co-Büchi when possible, a new tool for LTL synthesis, and some speedup of our determinization algorithm.
- Publication CDCLSym: Introducing Effective Symmetry Breaking in SAT Solving in Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS'18) — 5 January 2018
- Publication Derived-Term Automata of Multitape Expressions with Composition in Scientific Annals of Computer Science — 29 December 2017
- Vcsn 2.6 released. — 13 November 2017
This version includes improvements in the build system, better performances, and extended consistency for a better, smoother, user experience.
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Lire les lignes du cerveau humain by Jean-François Mangin, NeuroSpin, and - Apprentissage automatique en neuroimagerie: application aux maladies cérébrales by Edouard Duchesnay, NeuroSpin, CEA, Paris-Saclay . — 8 November 2017
- Publication Advances in Utilization of Hierarchical Representations in Remote Sensing Data Analysis in Comprehensive Remote Sensing, 1st Edition — 8 November 2017
- Edwin Carlinet, assistant-professor, is back to the Olena team. — 2 November 2017
After his PhD thesis defense at LRDE in 2015, Edwin has been working for two years as an Imaging Science Engineer at DxO. Now he joins LRDE's image team to maintain and develop the image processing library Olena. He will also be involved in several projects, such as the detection of fibrosis in 3D images of the heart using deep learning methods.
- Publication Extraction of Ancient Map Contents Using Trees of Connected Components in Proceedings of the 12th IAPR International Workshop on Graphics Recognition (GREC) — 20 October 2017
- Publication A Tutorial on Well-Composedness in Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision — 12 October 2017
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Michaël Roynard, who joins the Olena team for his PhD studies. — 3 October 2017
After his engineering degree from EISTI, Michaël has worked as a software developer at the Informatics development Laboratory (LDI) at CEA/LIST, then at Murex, before joining the image team of LRDE for his PhD. He studies the possibilities that the modern C++ offers to improve Olena, especially concerning its generic aspect.
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Frama-C, une plateforme collaborative et extensible pour l'analyse de code C by Julien Signoles, CEA LIST, Laboratoire de Sûreté des Logiciels (LSL). — 27 September 2017
- Spot 2.4 was released — 6 September 2017
More tools, and more support for complex acceptance conditions.
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Julie Rivet, who joins the Olena team for her PhD studies. — 31 August 2017
- Publication SmartDoc 2017 Video Capture: Mobile Document Acquisition in Video Mode in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Open Services and Tools for Document Analysis, (ICDAR-OST) — 21 July 2017
- Publication Derived-Term Automata of Weighted Rational Expressions with Quotient Operators in Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC) — 5 July 2017
- Publication Benchmarking Keypoint Filtering Approaches for Document Image Matching in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR) — 4 July 2017
- CSI Seminar : CSI 2018 and ING1 2019 students present their work. — 4 July 2017
- Publication The 4th Reactive Synthesis Competition (SYNTCOMP 2017): Benchmarks, Participants & Results in Proceedings Sixth Workshop on Synthesis — 1 July 2017
- Publication of the lab's bulletin L'air de rien 38 — 30 June 2017
- Publication PaInleSS: a Framework for Parallel SAT Solving in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing (SAT'17) — 30 June 2017
- Publication Augmented Songbook: an Augmented Reality Educational Application for Raising Music Awareness in Multimedia Tools and Applications — 29 June 2017
- Publication Caractérisation des zones de mouvement périodiques pour applications bio-médicales in Actes du 26e Colloque GRETSI — 28 June 2017
- Publication Segmentation d'IRM de cerveaux de nouveau-nés en quelques secondes à l'aide d'un réseau de neurones convolutif pseudo-3D et de transfert d'apprentissage in Actes du 26e Colloque GRETSI — 20 June 2017
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - MAQAO: une suite d'outils pour l'analyse et l’optimisation des performances by Andrés S. Charif Rubial, ESN PeXL et Li-PARAD - Université de Versailles. — 14 June 2017
- Olivier Ricou invited to panel discussion at PyParis 2017 Conference at Pôle Universitaire Léonard de Vinci, Paris La Défense, France. — 13 June 2017
He will talk about his experience of making a MOOC on Python.
- Publication From Neonatal to Adult Brain MR Image Segmentation in a Few Seconds Using 3D-Like Fully Convolutional Network and Transfer Learning in Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) — 12 June 2017
- Publication Well-Composedness in Alexandrov spaces implies Digital Well-Composedness in Z^n in Discrete Geometry for Computer Imagery – Proceedings of the 20th IAPR International Conference on Discrete Geometry for Computer Imagery (DGCI) — 1 June 2017
- Publication Parallel Learning Portfolio-Based Solvers in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS) — 1 June 2017
- Publication Explicit State Model Checking with Generalized Büchi and Rabin Automata in Proceedings of the 24th International SPIN Symposium on Model Checking of Software (SPIN'17) — 22 May 2017
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Apprentissage par Imitation Auto-Supervisée by Pierre Sermanet, Google Brain. — 3 May 2017
- Publication Object tracking by hierarchical decomposition of hyperspectral video sequences: Application to chemical gas plume tracking in IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing — 20 April 2017
- Publication Seminator: A Tool for Semi-Determinization of Omega-Automata in Proceedings of the 21th International Conference on Logic for Programming, Artificial Intelligence, and Reasoning (LPAR-21) — 3 April 2017
- Publication La pseudo-distance du dahu in Actes d'ORASIS — 21 March 2017
- Publication of the lab's bulletin L'air de rien 37 — 21 March 2017
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Calcul parallèle pour problèmes inverses by Nicolas Gac, Université Paris Sud, L2S (Centrale Supélec, CNRS). — 8 March 2017
- Publication Parallel Satisfiability Solver Based on Hybrid Partitioning Method in Proceedings of the 25th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing (PDP) — 1 March 2017
- Publication Introducing the Dahu Pseudo-Distance in Mathematical Morphology and Its Application to Signal and Image Processing – Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM) — 23 February 2017
- Publication Morphological Hierarchical Image Decomposition Based on Laplacian 0-Crossings in Mathematical Morphology and Its Application to Signal and Image Processing – Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM) — 23 February 2017
- Publication Morphological Analysis of Brownian Motion for Physical Measurements in Mathematical Morphology and Its Application to Signal and Image Processing – Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM) — 23 February 2017
- Publication Periodic Area-of-Motion characterization for Bio-Medical applications in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Bio-Medical Imaging (ISBI) — 20 February 2017
- Alexandre Duret-Lutz defends his Habilitation thesis "Contributions to LTL and ω-automata for Model Checking" at EPITA at 2:15pm. — 10 February 2017
- LRDE Seminar on Automata - Vcsn : une visite guidée by Akim Demaille, LRDE, et Un outil en ligne de manipulation d'automates et de semi-groupes by Charles Paperman, Université Paris Diderot — 8 February 2017
- Publication Programmatic Manipulation of Common Lisp Type Specifiers in European Lisp Symposium — 6 February 2017
- Publication Analysis of Algorithms Calculating the Maximal Disjoint Decomposition of a Set — 2 February 2017
- Publication Contributions to LTL and ω-Automata for Model Checking — 1 February 2017
- CSI Seminar : CSI 2017 students present their work. — 31 January 2017
- Vcsn 2.5 released — 28 January 2017
The Vcsners are proud to announce the release of Vcsn 2.5, aka the k-lightest release!
- Spot 2.3 was released — 19 January 2017
- This new release features some exciting news such as: faster emptiness checks for automata that are not explored on-the-fly, several improvements to the SAT-based minimization procedure, preliminary support for alternating automata, membership tests for all classes of the Manna and Pnueli hierarchy of temporal properties.
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Joseph Chazalon, Research Fellow. — 17 January 2017
Joseph Chazalon, postdoc from Laboratoire Image, Informatique et Interaction (L3i) at Université de La Rochelle, has joined the lab for several months and will work on the MOBIDEM project.
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Elodie Puybareau, research engineer, who joins the Olena team. — 1 January 2017
- Holding an engineering degree in medical imaging and a PhD in computer science from LIGM, ESIEE, Elodie has worked mainly on automatic extraction of physiological parameters from videos. She joins LRDE's Olena team where she will work on the MOBIDEM project, especially on automatic extraction of text from images of identity papers.
- Nicolas Boutry defends his PhD thesis "A study of well-composedness in n-D" at ESIEE at 2pm. — 14 December 2016
- Publication The MIT Lincoln Laboratory 2016 speaker recognition system in NIST Speaker Recognition Evaluation 2016 — 12 December 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Des données spatio-temporelles aux
dynamiques urbaines by Julien Perret, équipe COGIT, LaSTIG, IGN. — 7 December 2016
- Publication A Study of Well-Composedness in n-D — 1 December 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Analyse du mouvement avec applications bio-médicales by Elodie Puybareau, LIGM. — 23 November 2016
- Publication Estimating the Number of Endmembers to Use in Spectral Unmixing of Hyperspectral Data with Collaborative Sparsity in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation (LVA-ICA) — 22 November 2016
- Publication Monads in Common Lisp — 18 November 2016
- Publication Finding maximal common joins in a DAG — 17 November 2016
- Vcsn 2.4 released — 16 November 2016
The Vcsn team is proud to announce the release of Vcsn 2.4, code-named "the
quotient tools"!This version features some noteworthy changes.
- Spot 2.2 released — 14 November 2016
- Spot 2.2 fixes some serious bugs and adds an assortments of small improvements.
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Minh On Vu Ngoc, who joins the Olena team for his PhD studies. — 3 October 2016
- Publication From text detection to text segmentation: a unified evaluation scheme in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Robust Reading Conference (IWRR-ECCV) — 1 October 2016
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Guillaume Tochon, assistant-professor who joins the Olena team. — 1 September 2016
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Maximilien Colange, assistant-professor who joins the Spot team. — 1 September 2016
Holding a Ph.D. from University Paris VI his research focuses on formal verification of concurrent systems. He is particularly interested in real-time constrained systems, and in infinite words automata.
- Publication Morphology-Based Hierarchical Representation with Application to Text Segmentation in Natural Images in Proceedings of the 23st International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR) — 13 July 2016
- The LRDE Progress Report 2015 (in French) is available now. — 7 July 2016
- Publication Derived-term Automata for Extended Weighted Rational Expressions in Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC) — 6 July 2016
- CSI Seminar : CSI 2017 and ING1 2018 students students present their work. — 1 July 2016
- Publication of the lab's bulletin L'air de rien 36 — 29 June 2016
- Olivier Ricou invited to ERDF Conference at ESTER Technopole in Limoges. — 22 June 2016
He will talk about Big Data, the electric meter called Linky and its risks regarding privacy impact.
- Publication Spot 2.0 — a framework for LTL and ω-automata manipulation in Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'16) — 17 June 2016
- Publication Heuristics for Checking Liveness Properties with Partial Order Reductions in Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'16) — 17 June 2016
- Publication A Challenging Issue: Detection of White Matter Hyperintensities in Neonatal Brain MRI in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society — 20 May 2016
- Publication Hierarchical image simplification and segmentation based on Mumford-Shah-salient level line selection in Pattern Recognition Letters — 20 May 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - A taste of Julia by Didier Verna, LRDE. — 18 May 2016
- Publication Derived-Term Automata of Multitape Rational Expressions in Proceedings of Implementation and Application of Automata21st International Conference (CIAA'16) — 26 April 2016
- Project FUI MOBIDEM accepted — 22 April 2016
The 60 selected projects will receive funding from the French state. MOBIDEM (MOBile IDEntity for the Masses) is supported by the competitiveness cluster Systematic.
- Publication Region-Based Classification of Remote Sensing Images with the Morphological Tree of Shapes in Proceedings of the IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) — 12 April 2016
- Publication Hierarchical Segmentation Using Tree-Based Shape Spaces in IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence — 11 April 2016
- Spot 2.0 released — 11 April 2016
Spot is a C++ library for model checking and manipulation
of temporal logic formula and omega-automata. It also comes with command-line tools and Python bindings. Spot 2.0 is the result of 28 months of work, as we starting working onthis branch after the release of Spot 1.2.1 (Dec 2013).
- Next Seminar MeFoSyLoMa at LRDE. — 8 April 2016
- Invited speakers: Alexandre Duret-Lutz (LRDE/EPITA) on "Spot 2.0" and Maximilien Colange (ENS de Cachan) on "TiAMo, the Timed Automata Model-checker"
- Publication TextCatcher: a method to detect curved and challenging text in natural scenes in International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition — 8 April 2016