- CSI Seminar : CSI 2017 students present their work. — 31 January 2017
- Vcsn 2.5 released — 28 January 2017
The Vcsners are proud to announce the release of Vcsn 2.5, aka the k-lightest release!
- Spot 2.3 was released — 19 January 2017
- This new release features some exciting news such as: faster emptiness checks for automata that are not explored on-the-fly, several improvements to the SAT-based minimization procedure, preliminary support for alternating automata, membership tests for all classes of the Manna and Pnueli hierarchy of temporal properties.
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Joseph Chazalon, Research Fellow. — 17 January 2017
Joseph Chazalon, postdoc from Laboratoire Image, Informatique et Interaction (L3i) at Université de La Rochelle, has joined the lab for several months and will work on the MOBIDEM project.
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Elodie Puybareau, research engineer, who joins the Olena team. — 1 January 2017
- Holding an engineering degree in medical imaging and a PhD in computer science from LIGM, ESIEE, Elodie has worked mainly on automatic extraction of physiological parameters from videos. She joins LRDE's Olena team where she will work on the MOBIDEM project, especially on automatic extraction of text from images of identity papers.
- Nicolas Boutry defends his PhD thesis "A study of well-composedness in n-D" at ESIEE at 2pm. — 14 December 2016
- Publication The MIT Lincoln Laboratory 2016 speaker recognition system in NIST Speaker Recognition Evaluation 2016 — 12 December 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Des données spatio-temporelles aux
dynamiques urbaines by Julien Perret, équipe COGIT, LaSTIG, IGN. — 7 December 2016
- Publication A Study of Well-Composedness in n-D — 1 December 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Analyse du mouvement avec applications bio-médicales by Elodie Puybareau, LIGM. — 23 November 2016
- Publication Estimating the Number of Endmembers to Use in Spectral Unmixing of Hyperspectral Data with Collaborative Sparsity in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation (LVA-ICA) — 22 November 2016
- Publication Monads in Common Lisp — 18 November 2016
- Publication Finding maximal common joins in a DAG — 17 November 2016
- Vcsn 2.4 released — 16 November 2016
The Vcsn team is proud to announce the release of Vcsn 2.4, code-named "the
quotient tools"!This version features some noteworthy changes.
- Spot 2.2 released — 14 November 2016
- Spot 2.2 fixes some serious bugs and adds an assortments of small improvements.
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Minh On Vu Ngoc, who joins the Olena team for his PhD studies. — 3 October 2016
- Publication From text detection to text segmentation: a unified evaluation scheme in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Robust Reading Conference (IWRR-ECCV) — 1 October 2016
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Guillaume Tochon, assistant-professor who joins the Olena team. — 1 September 2016
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Maximilien Colange, assistant-professor who joins the Spot team. — 1 September 2016
Holding a Ph.D. from University Paris VI his research focuses on formal verification of concurrent systems. He is particularly interested in real-time constrained systems, and in infinite words automata.
- Publication Morphology-Based Hierarchical Representation with Application to Text Segmentation in Natural Images in Proceedings of the 23st International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR) — 13 July 2016
- The LRDE Progress Report 2015 (in French) is available now. — 7 July 2016
- Publication Derived-term Automata for Extended Weighted Rational Expressions in Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC) — 6 July 2016
- CSI Seminar : CSI 2017 and ING1 2018 students students present their work. — 1 July 2016
- Publication of the lab's bulletin L'air de rien 36 — 29 June 2016
- Olivier Ricou invited to ERDF Conference at ESTER Technopole in Limoges. — 22 June 2016
He will talk about Big Data, the electric meter called Linky and its risks regarding privacy impact.
- Publication Heuristics for Checking Liveness Properties with Partial Order Reductions in Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'16) — 17 June 2016
- Publication Spot 2.0 — a framework for LTL and ω-automata manipulation in Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'16) — 17 June 2016
- Publication A Challenging Issue: Detection of White Matter Hyperintensities in Neonatal Brain MRI in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society — 20 May 2016
- Publication Hierarchical image simplification and segmentation based on Mumford-Shah-salient level line selection in Pattern Recognition Letters — 20 May 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - A taste of Julia by Didier Verna, LRDE. — 18 May 2016
- Publication Derived-Term Automata of Multitape Rational Expressions in Proceedings of Implementation and Application of Automata21st International Conference (CIAA'16) — 26 April 2016
- Project FUI MOBIDEM accepted — 22 April 2016
The 60 selected projects will receive funding from the French state. MOBIDEM (MOBile IDEntity for the Masses) is supported by the competitiveness cluster Systematic.
- Publication Region-Based Classification of Remote Sensing Images with the Morphological Tree of Shapes in Proceedings of the IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) — 12 April 2016
- Spot 2.0 released — 11 April 2016
Spot is a C++ library for model checking and manipulation
of temporal logic formula and omega-automata. It also comes with command-line tools and Python bindings. Spot 2.0 is the result of 28 months of work, as we starting working onthis branch after the release of Spot 1.2.1 (Dec 2013).
- Publication Hierarchical Segmentation Using Tree-Based Shape Spaces in IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence — 11 April 2016
- Next Seminar MeFoSyLoMa at LRDE. — 8 April 2016
Invited speakers: Alexandre Duret-Lutz (LRDE/EPITA) on "Spot 2.0" and Maximilien Colange (ENS de Cachan) on "TiAMo, the Timed Automata Model-checker"
- Publication TextCatcher: a method to detect curved and challenging text in natural scenes in International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition — 8 April 2016
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Clément Bonnefoy, Master student intern from UPMC, who joins the Climb team. — 4 April 2016
- Publication Type-Checking of Heterogeneous Sequences in Common Lisp in European Lisp Symposium — 25 March 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Boost.SIMD - Maximisez votre CPU directement depuis C++ by Joël Falcou, Université Paris Sud, NumScale — 23 March 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Analyse hiérarchique d'images multimodales by Guillaume Tochon, Grenoble-INP & GIPSA-lab — 16 March 2016
- Publication Efficient dynamic type checking of heterogeneous sequences — 22 February 2016
- Vcsn 2.2 released — 19 February 2016
Vcsn is a platform for weighted automata and rational expressions.
It consists of an efficient C++ generic library, shell tools, Python bindings, and a graphical interactive environment on top of IPython.This version features some noteworthy changes.
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Computing with (nearly) unlimited resources by Stephan Hadinger, Head of Solutions Architecture, AWS — 17 February 2016
- Publication What is a good evaluation protocol for text localization systems? Concerns, arguments, comparisons and solutions in Image and Vision Computing — 1 February 2016
- Publication Towards the rectification of highly distorted texts in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP) — 1 February 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Une introduction à la preuve formelle de sécurité by Pierre-Yves Strub - IMDEA Software Institute - Espagne — 27 January 2016
- CSI Seminar : CSI 2016 students students present their work on Wednesday 20 January 2016. — 20 January 2016
- Ana Stefania Calarasanu defends her PhD thesis "Improvement of a text detection chain and the proposition of a new evaluation protocol for text detection algorithms" at EPITA at 1:30 pm. — 11 December 2015
- Publication of the lab's bulletin L'air de rien 35 — 5 December 2015