4.2.1 PTHL Goals
Things to learn during this stage that you should remember:
- − Writing/debugging a scanner with Flex.
- − Using start conditions to handle non-regular issues within the scanner.
- − Using ‘yy::parser::make_SYMBOL’ to build whole symbols
(containing a token type, a location, and possibly a semantic value) and
pass them to the parser.
- − Writing/debugging a parser with Bison.
- − Resolving simple conflicts due to precedences and associativities thanks
to directives (e.g., ‘%left’ etc.).
- − Resolving hard conflicts with loop unrolling. The case of lvalue
vs. array instantiation is of first importance.