Vaucanson 1.0a (June 13, 2007)
The Vaucanson library is free software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (www.gnu.org) since release 0.7.1, and under the conditions of GNU Lesser General Public License for previous releases.
- Tarballs (sources to compile):
- Daily build
- Online documentation
User visible changes
The Doxygen documentation is now installed expanded, rather than compressed.
- New epsilon removal algorithm (eps_removal_sp) based on shortest path algorithm.
- Various optimizations and bug fixes.
Bug fixes and I/O optimizations.
Provides C++ libraries for the main automaton types.
Fix compilation issues.
More informations on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
- C++ compiler
- g++ 3., 4.0 or ICC 9
- The XML I/O system is based on the use of the Apache Xerces C++ library version 2.3.* (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/).
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library.
- Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries.
Vaucanson is known not to work properly with Apple's G++ 4.0 on Tiger. Actually, it seems that it is G++ 4.0 which is known not to work properly: other library face similar issues. We don't know how to solve the problem, avoid it by specifying another compiler. For instance
./configure CC=gcc-3.3 CXX=g++-3.3
-- Main.GuillaumeLazzara - 13 Jun 2007