Vaucanson 1.2.91 (August 23rd, 2008)
The Vcsn library is free software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (www.gnu.org) since release 0.7.1, and under the conditions of GNU Lesser General Public License for previous releases.
- Tarballs (sources to compile):
- Online documentation
- The Vaucanson library
- New delta functions to iterate over states and transitions.
- New rational expression parser, with customizable token representations.
- New XML input/output system based on the new FSMXML version.
- Overhaul letters to ease adding automaton contexts.
- New automaton contexts based on int letters.
- Remove backward_realtime() and forward_realtime() functions factorized in realtime() function.
- Fix rw_composition().
- Improve One Rule Rewriting.
- New option --parser to change token representation on rational expression.
- Rename vcsn-b/-z/-tdc to vcsn-char-b/-z/-fmp-b.
- New vcsn-int-b and vcsn-int-z.
- New vcsn-char-fmp-z, vcsn-int-fmp-b and vcsn-int-fmp-z.
More informations on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
- C++ compiler
- G++ 4.0 and 4.1
- The XML I/O system is based on the use of the Apache Xerces C++ library version 2.7+ (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/). (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libxerces27 and libxerces27-dev)
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libboost-dev, libboost-serialization-dev, libboost-graph, libboost-graph-dev)
- needed for building the TAF-KIT. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libncurses5, libncurses-dev).
Vaucanson is known not to work properly with Apple's G++ 4.0.0 on Tiger. Actually, it seems that it is G++ 4.0.0 which is known not to work properly: other library face similar issues. We don't know how to solve the problem, avoid it by specifying another compiler. For instance
./configure CC=gcc-4.1 CXX=g++-4.1
Vaucanswig is not working properly with this version.