Vaucanson 1.2.95 (January 22th, 2009)
The Vaucanson library is free software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (www.gnu.org) since release 0.7.1, and under the conditions of GNU Lesser General Public License for previous releases.
- Tarballs (sources to compile):
- Online documentation
- Enable choosing default implementation by using the option ``--with-default-graph-impl`` at configure time.
- The Vaucanson library
- The following iterator interfaces have been removed: ``deltac``, ``rdeltac``, ``delta_state_iterator``, ``rdelta_state_iterator``.
- New interface ``parse_letter`` to check whether a character string represents a single letter of an alphabet or not.
- Add an implementation of the reduce algorithm for automata with weights in a division ring.
- Automaton library
- New program quotkbaseb.
- Support of Xerces 3.0.
- ``$VCSN_DATA_PATH`` now supports colons.
- New instance: ``vcsn-char-r`` for automata on a free monoid of char and with weights in R (implemented as floats).
- New command: ``realtime-exp``.
- New Demo ``ORR_iterate``.
- Many bug fixes.
More informations on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
- C++ compiler
- G++ 4.x
- The XML I/O system is based on the use of the Apache Xerces C++ library version 2.7+ (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/). (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libxerces27 and libxerces27-dev, or libxerces-c28 and libxerces-c28-dev)
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libboost-dev, libboost-serialization-dev, libboost-graph, libboost-graph-dev)
- needed for building the TAF-KIT. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libncurses5, libncurses-dev).
Vaucanson is known not to work properly with Apple's G++ 4.0.0 on Tiger. Actually, it seems that it is G++ 4.0.0 which is known not to work properly: other library face similar issues. We don't know how to solve the problem, avoid it by specifying another compiler. For instance
./configure CC=gcc-4.1 CXX=g++-4.1