Vcsn 2.5 (January 28th, 2017)
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
The Vcsners are proud to announce the release of Vcsn 2.5, aka the k-lightest release!
Noteworthy changes include:
- two new implementations to compute the k-lightest paths (aka "best" paths: with the smallest weights) in tropical automata.
- several new demos showing how to use the C++ library, including a translator from (French) text messages (aka SMS) into French.
- better error messages with caret-style locations.
- a new means for the users to configure Vcsn. This adds a new prerequisite to build Vcsn: libyaml-cpp.
- a much better and faster caching system of runtime generated C++ code. Users of dyn (and therefore of Python) should note an improved amortization of the compilation costs.
- several portability issues reported by users were fixed.
For more information, please, the NEWS file.
People who worked on this release:
- Akim Demaille
- Clément Démoulins
- Clément Gillard
- Sarasvati Moutoucomarapoulé
- Sébastien Piat
- Younes Khoudli
- Run this command to pull and start the Vcsn docker image on port 8888
docker run -d -p 8888:8888 lrde/vcsn:2.5
- Debian Jessie
- Run this command
echo 'deb http://www.lrde.epita.fr/repo/debian/ stable/' >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/lrde.list apt-get update apt-get install vcsn # Jupyter is not currently available on Debian apt-get install python3-pip python3-dev libzmq3-dev pip3 install jupyter
- Archlinux (AUR)
- Run this command:
yaourt -S vcsn
- Run this command:
sudo port sync && sudo port install vcsn
- Tarballs (sources to compile):
In order to compile Vcsn 2.5, you need:
- Boost (version 1.49 or later) provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries (at least the Boost.Python and Boost.Regex components, and probably others).
- Compiler cache.
- C++ compiler
- Clang 3.6 or newer and GNU G++ 4.9 or newer are known to work properly.
- To build the C++ reference manual.
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- The Flex scanner generater, 2.5.37 or better.
- Although not strictly needed, it is required if you want to enjoy the Vcsn interactive notebooks.
- Python 3 is required
- Version 0.5.1 or 0.5.3 or more recent, but not 0.5.2.