European project LLP - 2009-2012 - http://www.opense.net/
The OpenSE project aimed at setting up an infrastructure for teaching, and therefore for learning, of computer science through free software and its spirit and concept of sharing. It was about gathering students of diverse backgrounds in order to make them build on what their predecessors have done rather than constantly repeat the same exercises. In addition to the interactive aspect between student generations, it allows to enrich the knowledge base and educational materials addressing the needs of students.
Besides the LRDE, the project partners were:
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece),
- Open University (United Kingdom),
- University Rey Juan Carlos (Spain),
- Tampere University of Technology (Finland),
- Oxford University (United Kingdom),
- Sociedada Portuguesa de Inovação (Portugal)
- the Free Knowledge Institute (Netherlands)
- UNU-MERIT of Maastricht University (Netherlands)
A partnership with the Apache Software Foundation has started in order to test the possibility of coaching in field of free software development.