(Pre)order based methods
Colors are reduced to scalar value that defines an ordering to compute the Tree of Shapes. We have tested different pre-order on several color space, as well as several restitution rules.
- Restitution Rules:
- Nearest color (NC): A removed shape is assigned to the closest color in the parent shape.
- Mean (Pmean): Every shape is assigned with the mean color of its pixels.
- Mean Parent (MP): A removed shape is assigned with the mean color of the parent shape pixels.
- Total orders considered: (NC, Pmean, MP are equivalent in this case).
- Lexicographical (Lex): Lexicographical order with the R,G,B triplet.
- Total pre-orders considered:
- Lightness in La*b*
- Lightness in HLS
- Chrominance in La*b*
Distance based method
Evaluation Procedure Description
The clean dataset used for our benchmark is available here, as well as the noisy version of the previous dataset (here). The clean dataset used for our benchmark is available here, as well as the noisy version of the previous dataset (here).
|Best Grain<br\> Size||Min PSNR||Max PSNR||Avg. PSNR|
|Preorder CLa*b* (NC)||2||36.21||39.60||37.43|
|Preorder LLa*b* (NC)||5||36.32||38.43||37.43|
|Preorder LHLS (NC)||7||36.34||39.36||37.57|
|Preorder Brightness (NC)||8.5||36.39||39.60||37.67|
|Preorder CLa*b* (MP)||300||36.31||41.37||38.92|
|Preorder CLa*b* (Pmean)||200||36.20||41.45||39.03|
|Preorder LLa*b* (MP)||300||36.77||41.38||39.34|
|Preorder LHLS (MP)||300||36.65||41.49||39.59|
|Preorder LLa*b* (Pmean)||200||37.00||42.22||39.72|
|Preorder Brightness (MP)||300||36.60||42.69||39.94|
|Preorder LHLS (Pmean)||200||37.03||41.84||39.96|
|Preorder Brightness (Pmean)||200||36.41||43.19||40.40|