Vaucanson 1.0 (July 28, 2006)
The Vcsn library is free software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (www.gnu.org) since release 0.7.1, and under the conditions of GNU Lesser General Public License for previous releases.
- Tarballs (sources to compile):
- Debian packages:
- Daily build
- Online documentation
User visible changes
The Typed Automata Function Kit of Vaucanson (TAF-Kit). This is a packaging through binary programs of the main algorithms of Vaucanson. In this release, the Boolean and Z semiring and the FMP transducer are supported. See the related documentation for help.
A user's manual for TAF-Kit has been introduced.
The Doxygen documentation has been reworked.
The XSD file has been extended to express transitions as XML trees.
The XML proposal has been completly reworked.
The XSD file path can now be set by either the environment variable or the CPP macro VCSN_XSD_PATH. It is also automatically checked in the `data` directory where this file would be installed on `make install`.
The following renaming have been made:
- Support::operator* simplifies the writing for one-letter supports. Instead of `*e.supp().begin()`, write `*e.supp()`.
- The `closure` functions were renamed as `eps_removal`, since that's what they actually do.
- The macros `for_each` are now called `for_all`.
- `normalized_composition` functions are now called `compose`.
Numerous bugs have been fixed in the core library and some algorithms have been cleaned.
More informations on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
- C++ compiler
- g++ 3., 4.0 or ICC 9
- The XML I/O system is based on the use of the Apache Xerces C++ library version 2.3.* (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/).
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library.
Vaucanson is known not to work properly with Apple's G++ 4.0 on Tiger. Actually, it seems that it is G++ 4.0 which is known not to work properly: other library face similar issues. We don't know how to solve the problem, avoid it by specifying another compiler. For instance
./configure CC=gcc-3.3 CXX=g++-3.3