Vaucanson 1.2.96 (May 4th, 2009)
Changes since 1.2.95
- Out-of-date documentation has been trashed away. What remains is an overhauled documentation for TAF-Kit that can be read in doc/manual/taf-kit-manual.pdf.
- Vaucanson library
- The has_succ_comp() function has been renamed to is_useless(), and its result reversed.
- Rational expression can be exported into XML.
- standard_of() and thompson_of have been improved to build the automaton in place.
- The has-succ-comp command has been replaced by the is-useless command, following the change in the library.
- The co-accessible command is now spelled coaccessible.
- Commands that output rational expression will output XML files if given the -o xml option, and will read XML files if given the -i xml option.
- Two new instances: vcsn-char-zmin and vcsn-char-zmax.
- A couple of unusual commands have been removed from the output of --list-commands and are now only shown by the new --list-all-commands option.
More informations on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
- C++ compiler
- G++ 4.x
- The XML I/O system is based on the use of the Apache Xerces C++ library version 2.7+ (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/). (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libxerces27 and libxerces27-dev, or libxerces-c28 and libxerces-c28-dev)
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libboost-dev, libboost-serialization-dev, libboost-graph, libboost-graph-dev)
- needed for building the TAF-KIT. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libncurses5, libncurses-dev).
Vaucanson is known not to work properly with Apple's G++ 4.0.0 on Tiger. Actually, it seems that it is G++ 4.0.0 which is known not to work properly: other library face similar issues. We don't know how to solve the problem, avoid it by specifying another compiler. For instance
./configure CC=gcc-4.1 CXX=g++-4.1
-- Main.AlexandreDuretLutz - 04 May 2009