Vaucanson 1.3.1 (July 8th, 2009)
Changes since version 1.3
- VaucanSWIG has been deleted.
- gnulib has been updated.
- listg has been restaured as the default graph implementation for being faster than bmig.
- Two new contexts have been added to the library,``int-int-z`` and ``char-char-z``.
- A method converting Pair Automata to FMPs is available in FMP contexts.
- A new command is available in TAF-Kit, ``pair-to-fmp``.
- CBS (C++ Benchmarking Suite) has been added into Vaucanson to measure its performances. Benchmarks can be launched with ``make bench``, generating callgraphs in dot format and text files.
More detailed informations on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
- C++ compiler
- G++ 4.x
- The XML I/O system is based on the use of the Apache Xerces C++ library version 2.7+ (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/). (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libxerces27 and libxerces27-dev, or libxerces-c28 and libxerces-c28-dev)
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libboost-dev, libboost-serialization-dev, libboost-graph, libboost-graph-dev)
- needed for building the TAF-KIT. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libncurses5, libncurses-dev).
Vaucanson is known not to work properly with Apple's G++ 4.0.0 on Tiger. Actually, it seems that it is G++ 4.0.0 which is known not to work properly: other library face similar issues. We don't know how to solve the problem, avoid it by specifying another compiler. For instance
./configure CC=gcc-4.1 CXX=g++-4.1
-- Main.AlexHamelin - 08 Jul 2009