Revision as of 17:08, 18 February 2014 by Edwin Carlinet
Getting a morphological Tree of Shapes for mulativariate images: paths, traps, and pitfalls
(Pre)order based methods
Colors are reduced to scalar value that defines an ordering to compute the Tree of Shapes. We have tested different pre-order on several color space, as well as several restitution rules.
- Restitution Rules:
- Nearest color (NC): A removed shape is assigned to the closest color in the parent shape.
- Mean (Pmean): Every shape is assigned with the mean color of its pixels.
- Mean Parent (MP): A removed shape is assigned with the mean color of the parent shape pixels.
- Total orders considered: (NC, Pmean, MP are equivalent in this case).
- Lexicographical (Lex): Lexicographical order with the R,G,B triplet.
- Total pre-orders considered:
- Lightness in La*b*
- Lightness in HLS
- Chrominance in La*b*
Distance based method
Evaluation Procedure Description
|Best Grain<br\> Size||Min PSNR||Max PSNR||Avg. PSNR|
|Preorder CLa*b* (NC)||2||36.21||39.60||37.43|
|Preorder LLa*b* (NC)||5||36.32||38.43||37.43|
|Preorder LHLS (NC)||7||36.34||39.36||37.57|
|Preorder Brightness (NC)||8.5||36.39||39.60||37.67|
|Preorder CLa*b* (MP)||300||36.31||41.37||38.92|
|Preorder CLa*b* (Pmean)||200||36.20||41.45||39.03|
|Preorder LLa*b* (MP)||300||36.77||41.38||39.34|
|Preorder LHLS (MP)||300||36.65||41.49||39.59|
|Preorder LLa*b* (Pmean)||200||37.00||42.22||39.72|
|Preorder Brightness (MP)||300||36.60||42.69||39.94|
|Preorder LHLS (Pmean)||200||37.03||41.84||39.96|
|Preorder Brightness (Pmean)||200||36.41||43.19||40.40|