Vcsn Nightly Builds
In addition to releases and access to the gitlab, we also provide builds to the latest development version of Vcsn. Note that these builds are updated only when validated by the test suite: it is not alpha-state software!
- Run this command to pull and start the Vcsn docker image on port 8888
docker run -d -p 8888:8888 lrde/vcsn:latest
- Debian Jessie
- Run this command
echo 'deb http://www.lrde.epita.fr/repo/debian/ unstable/' >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/lrde.list apt-get update apt-get install vcsn # Jupyter is not currently available on Debian apt-get install python3-pip python3-dev libzmq3-dev pip3 install jupyter
- Archlinux (AUR)
- Run this command:
yaourt -S vcsn-git
In order to compile Vcsn, you need:
- C++ compiler
- Clang 3.6 or newer and GNU G++ 4.9 or newer are known to work properly.
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- Boost (version 1.49 or later) provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries (at least the Boost.Python and Boost.Regex components, and probably others).
- The Flex scanner generater, 2.5.37 or better.
- Compiler cache.
- To build the C++ reference manual.
- Although not strictly needed, it is required if you want to enjoy the Vcsn interactive notebooks.