Vaucanson 1.2.94 (November 17th, 2008)
The Vaucanson library is free software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (www.gnu.org) since release 0.7.1, and under the conditions of GNU Lesser General Public License for previous releases.
- Tarballs (sources to compile):
- Online documentation
- The Vaucanson library
- Add pair_to_fmp algorithm.
- Redesign the representation system off algebra.
- Add support for the new representation system.
- Add command ``is-ltl``.
- Options ``-o`` and ``-i`` no longer request uppercase arguments.
- Command ``define-automaton`` has been merged into ``edit-automaton``.
- Command ``dot-dump`` has been removed: any command can produce DOT output using the ``-o dot`` option. The effect of ``dot-dump`` can be achieved using ``identity -o dot``.
- Command ``dump`` has been removed. Instead, any command will search the file corresponding to their automata arguments into the current directory first, then into the directory specified by ``$VCSN_DATA_PATH``. The effect of ``dump a1.xml`` can therefore be achieved using ``identity a1.xml`` provided no ``a1.xml`` exist in the current directory.
More informations on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
- C++ compiler
- G++ 4.0 and 4.1
- The XML I/O system is based on the use of the Apache Xerces C++ library version 2.7+ (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/). (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libxerces27 and libxerces27-dev, or libxerces-c28 and libxerces-c28-dev)
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libboost-dev, libboost-serialization-dev, libboost-graph, libboost-graph-dev)
- needed for building the TAF-KIT. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following packages: libncurses5, libncurses-dev).
Vaucanson is known not to work properly with Apple's G++ 4.0.0 on Tiger. Actually, it seems that it is G++ 4.0.0 which is known not to work properly: other library face similar issues. We don't know how to solve the problem, avoid it by specifying another compiler. For instance
./configure CC=gcc-4.1 CXX=g++-4.1
The rw-composition algorithm is not working properly in this version.