Vaucanson 2.0 (October 11th, 2015)
Vcsn 2.1 is a full rewrite of the Vaucanson platform. While it mostly ressembles Vaucanson 1 in many regards, it is also very different in many others: it is much faster, far easier to use, and provides a richer feature-set.
- Documentation of the Python interface
- The News File contains many examples
- The C++ reference manual is poor, yet not empty
- Run this command:
sudo port sync && sudo port install vaucanson
In order to compile Vcsn 2.1, you need:
- C++ compiler
- Clang 3.6 or newer and GNU G++ 4.9 or newer are known to work properly.
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- Boost (version 1.49 or later) provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries (at least the Boost.Python and Boost.Regex components, and probably others).
- The Flex scanner generater, 2.5.37 or better.
- Compiler cache.
- To build the C++ reference manual.
- Although not strictly needed, it is required if you want to enjoy the Vcsn interactive notebooks.