Vcsn 2.5 (January 28th, 2017)
Revision as of 16:02, 31 January 2017 by Akim Demaille
The Vcsners are proud to announce the release of Vcsn 2.5, aka the k-lightest release!
Noteworthy changes include:
- two new implementations to compute the k-lightest paths (aka "best" paths: with the smallest weights) in tropical automata.
- several new demos showing how to use the C++ library, including a translator from (French) text messages (aka SMS) into French.
- better error messages with caret-style locations.
- a new means for the users to configure Vcsn. This adds a new prerequisite to build Vcsn: libyaml-cpp.
- a much better and faster caching system of runtime generated C++ code. Users of dyn (and therefore of Python) should note an improved amortization of the compilation costs.
- several portability issues reported by users were fixed.
For more information, please, the NEWS file.
People who worked on this release:
- Akim Demaille
- Clément Démoulins
- Clément Gillard
- Sarasvati Moutoucomarapoulé
- Sébastien Piat
- Younes Khoudli
- Run this command to pull and start the Vcsn docker image on port 8888
docker run -d -p 8888:8888 lrde/vcsn:2.5
- Debian Jessie
- Run this command
echo 'deb http://www.lrde.epita.fr/repo/debian/ stable/' >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/lrde.list apt-get update apt-get install vcsn # Jupyter is not currently available on Debian apt-get install python3-pip python3-dev libzmq3-dev pip3 install jupyter
- Archlinux (AUR)
- Run this command:
yaourt -S vcsn
- Run this command:
sudo port sync && sudo port install vcsn
- Tarballs (sources to compile):
In order to compile Vcsn 2.5, you need:
- Boost (version 1.49 or later) provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries (at least the Boost.Python and Boost.Regex components, and probably others).
- Compiler cache.
- C++ compiler
- Clang 3.6 or newer and GNU G++ 4.9 or newer are known to work properly.
- To build the C++ reference manual.
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- The Flex scanner generater, 2.5.37 or better.
- Although not strictly needed, it is required if you want to enjoy the Vcsn interactive notebooks.
- Python 3 is required
- Version 0.5.1 or 0.5.3 or more recent, but not 0.5.2.