Vcsn 2.6 (November 13th, 2017)
Revision as of 08:26, 16 March 2018 by Akim Demaille (talk | contribs) (→Available Ports: Boost +py36)
The Vcsn group is happy to announce the release of Vcsn 2.6. Most of our work was devoted to providing a better, smoother, user experience. This includes improvements in the build system, better performances, and extended consistency.
For more information, please, the NEWS file.
We warmly thank our users who made valuable feedback (read "bug reports"): Victor Miller, Dominique Soudière and Harald Schilly. Dominique and Harald helped integrating Vcsn into SageMathCloud.
People who contributed to this release:
- Akim Demaille
- Clément Démoulins
- Clément Gillard
- Sarasvati Moutoucomarapoulé
- Using Vcsn in Python
- The News File contains many examples
- Vcsn C++ reference manual
- Run this command to pull and start the Vcsn docker image on port 8888
docker run -d -p 8888:8888 lrde/vcsn:2.6
- Debian Jessie
- Run this command
echo 'deb http://www.lrde.epita.fr/repo/debian/ stable/' >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/lrde.list apt-get update apt-get install vcsn # Jupyter is not currently available on Debian apt-get install python3-pip python3-dev libzmq3-dev pip3 install jupyter
- Archlinux (AUR)
- Run this command:
yaourt -S vcsn
- MacPorts (Portfile)
- Run this command:
sudo port sync && sudo port install vcsn
- or, to upgrade vcsn if you already installed it:
sudo port sync && sudo port upgrade vcsn
Be sure to have Boost installed for Python 3.6. The safest way is to run this before:
sudo port uninstall boost && sudo port install python36 boost +python36
- Tarballs (sources to compile):
- vcsn-2.6.tar.bz2 (25MB) (SHA256: 4ca3ce77a52e9a2e10e80e6dfb04d54484dbad65dc243dfe8ae49a18dfb29b96)
- vcsn-2.6.tar.xz (14MB) (SHA256: 87bcfc6f722f6f39613b7f2a8b7de95d682e32d33c08edcebf6790129cb6dff5)
In order to compile Vcsn 2.6, you need:
- Boost (version 1.49 or later) provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries (at least the Boost.Python and Boost.Regex components, and probably others).
- Compiler cache.
- C++ compiler
- Clang 3.6 or newer and GNU G++ 4.9 or newer are known to work properly.
- To build the C++ reference manual.
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library. (On Ubuntu/Debian, install the following package: graphviz)
- The Flex scanner generater, 2.5.37 or better.
- Although not strictly needed, it is required if you want to enjoy the Vcsn interactive notebooks.
- Python 3 is required
- Version 0.5.1 or 0.5.3 or more recent, but not 0.5.2.