Vaucanson 1.1 (July 30th, 2007)
Do not download this version: it won't compile. Please head over to Vaucanson 1.1.1.
The Vcsn library is free software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (www.gnu.org) since release 0.7.1, and under the conditions of GNU Lesser General Public License for previous releases.
- Tarballs (sources to compile):
- Daily build
- Online documentation
User visible changes
- Various optimizations and bug fixes.
- Bug fixes and I/O optimizations.
- I/O improvements.
More informations on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
- C++ compiler
- g++ 3., 4.1 or ICC 9
- The XML I/O system is based on the use of the Apache Xerces C++ library version 2.3.* (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/).
- The display of automata is made using AT&T Graphviz library.
- Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries.
- required if you want to generate to documentation.
Vaucanson is known not to work properly with Apple's G++ 4.0.0 on Tiger. Actually, it seems that it is G++ 4.0.0 which is known not to work properly: other library face similar issues. We don't know how to solve the problem, avoid it by specifying another compiler. For instance
./configure CC=gcc-3.3 CXX=g++-3.3
Vaucanson works properly with Apple's G++ 4.0.1 though.