- Spot 2.2 released — 14 November 2016
- Spot 2.2 fixes some serious bugs and adds an assortments of small improvements.
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Minh On Vu Ngoc, who joins the Olena team for his PhD studies. — 3 October 2016
- Publication From text detection to text segmentation: a unified evaluation scheme in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Robust Reading Conference (IWRR-ECCV) — 1 October 2016
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Guillaume Tochon, assistant-professor who joins the Olena team. — 1 September 2016
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Maximilien Colange, assistant-professor who joins the Spot team. — 1 September 2016
Holding a Ph.D. from University Paris VI his research focuses on formal verification of concurrent systems. He is particularly interested in real-time constrained systems, and in infinite words automata.
- Publication Morphology-Based Hierarchical Representation with Application to Text Segmentation in Natural Images in Proceedings of the 23st International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR) — 13 July 2016
- The LRDE Progress Report 2015 (in French) is available now. — 7 July 2016
- Publication Derived-term Automata for Extended Weighted Rational Expressions in Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC) — 6 July 2016
- CSI Seminar : CSI 2017 and ING1 2018 students students present their work. — 1 July 2016
- Publication of the lab's bulletin L'air de rien 36 — 29 June 2016
- Olivier Ricou invited to ERDF Conference at ESTER Technopole in Limoges. — 22 June 2016
He will talk about Big Data, the electric meter called Linky and its risks regarding privacy impact.
- Publication Heuristics for Checking Liveness Properties with Partial Order Reductions in Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'16) — 17 June 2016
- Publication Spot 2.0 — a framework for LTL and ω-automata manipulation in Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'16) — 17 June 2016
- Publication A Challenging Issue: Detection of White Matter Hyperintensities in Neonatal Brain MRI in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society — 20 May 2016
- Publication Hierarchical image simplification and segmentation based on Mumford-Shah-salient level line selection in Pattern Recognition Letters — 20 May 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - A taste of Julia by Didier Verna, LRDE. — 18 May 2016
- Publication Derived-Term Automata of Multitape Rational Expressions in Proceedings of Implementation and Application of Automata21st International Conference (CIAA'16) — 26 April 2016
- Project FUI MOBIDEM accepted — 22 April 2016
The 60 selected projects will receive funding from the French state. MOBIDEM (MOBile IDEntity for the Masses) is supported by the competitiveness cluster Systematic.
- Publication Region-Based Classification of Remote Sensing Images with the Morphological Tree of Shapes in Proceedings of the IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) — 12 April 2016
- Spot 2.0 released — 11 April 2016
Spot is a C++ library for model checking and manipulation
of temporal logic formula and omega-automata. It also comes with command-line tools and Python bindings. Spot 2.0 is the result of 28 months of work, as we starting working onthis branch after the release of Spot 1.2.1 (Dec 2013).
- Publication Hierarchical Segmentation Using Tree-Based Shape Spaces in IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence — 11 April 2016
- Next Seminar MeFoSyLoMa at LRDE. — 8 April 2016
Invited speakers: Alexandre Duret-Lutz (LRDE/EPITA) on "Spot 2.0" and Maximilien Colange (ENS de Cachan) on "TiAMo, the Timed Automata Model-checker"
- Publication TextCatcher: a method to detect curved and challenging text in natural scenes in International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition — 8 April 2016
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Clément Bonnefoy, Master student intern from UPMC, who joins the Climb team. — 4 April 2016
- Publication Type-Checking of Heterogeneous Sequences in Common Lisp in European Lisp Symposium — 25 March 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Boost.SIMD - Maximisez votre CPU directement depuis C++ by Joël Falcou, Université Paris Sud, NumScale — 23 March 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Analyse hiérarchique d'images multimodales by Guillaume Tochon, Grenoble-INP & GIPSA-lab — 16 March 2016
- Publication Efficient dynamic type checking of heterogeneous sequences — 22 February 2016
- Vcsn 2.2 released — 19 February 2016
Vcsn is a platform for weighted automata and rational expressions.
It consists of an efficient C++ generic library, shell tools, Python bindings, and a graphical interactive environment on top of IPython.This version features some noteworthy changes.
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Computing with (nearly) unlimited resources by Stephan Hadinger, Head of Solutions Architecture, AWS — 17 February 2016
- Publication What is a good evaluation protocol for text localization systems? Concerns, arguments, comparisons and solutions in Image and Vision Computing — 1 February 2016
- Publication Towards the rectification of highly distorted texts in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP) — 1 February 2016
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Une introduction à la preuve formelle de sécurité by Pierre-Yves Strub - IMDEA Software Institute - Espagne — 27 January 2016
- CSI Seminar : CSI 2016 students students present their work on Wednesday 20 January 2016. — 20 January 2016
- Ana Stefania Calarasanu defends her PhD thesis "Improvement of a text detection chain and the proposition of a new evaluation protocol for text detection algorithms" at EPITA at 1:30 pm. — 11 December 2015
- Publication of the lab's bulletin L'air de rien 35 — 5 December 2015
- Publication Improvement of a text detection chain and the proposition of a new evaluation protocol for text detection algorithms — 1 December 2015
- Edwin Carlinet defends his PhD thesis "A Tree of Shapes for Multivariate Images" at ESIEE at 2pm. — 27 November 2015
- Publication A Tree of Shapes for Multivariate Images — 1 November 2015
- Publication MToS: A Tree of Shapes for Multivariate Images in IEEE Transactions on Image Processing — 26 October 2015
- Publication Variations on Parallel Explicit Model Checking for Generalized Büchi Automata in International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT) — 26 October 2015
- LRDE Seminar on Performance and Genericity - Intégrales de Morton pour la Simplification Géométrique Haute Vitesse by Tamy Boubekeur, Telecom ParisTech - CNRS - University Paris-Saclay — 14 October 2015
- Vcsn 2.1 released — 11 October 2015
Vcsn is a platform for weighted automata and rational expressions.
It consists of an efficient C++ generic library, shell tools, Pythonbindings, and a graphical interactive environment on top of IPython.
- The LRDE hosts a new member, Ludovic Le Frioux, who joins the Spot team for his PhD studies in collaboration with the MOVE team at LIP6. — 1 October 2015
- Publication of the lab's bulletin L'air de rien 34 — 10 September 2015
- Alexandre Duret-Lutz invited to Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, Czech Republic, for a 10-day visit. — 6 September 2015
Etienne Renault will join him there for a week. Both will work during that time with Jan Strejcek, associate professor, and Frantisek Blahoudek, PhD student, from FI MU.
- Former LRDE PhD-student Ala Eddine Ben Salem becomes Assistant Professor (Maître de Conférence) at Université Clermont-Ferrand I. — 1 September 2015
Ala Eddine joins the LIMOS team. The LRDE members wish him all the best and a good start!
- Publication SAT-based Minimization of Deterministic ω-Automata in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Logic for Programming, Artificial Intelligence, and Reasoning (LPAR'15) — 1 September 2015
- Publication Using histogram representation and Earth Mover's Distance as an evaluation tool for text detection in Proceedings of the 13th IAPR International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR) — 1 August 2015
- CSI Seminar : CSI 2016 students and ING1 2017 students present their work on Monday 6 July 2015. — 6 July 2015