The Olena Image Processing Platform
Olena is a platform dedicated to image processing and pattern recognition. Its core component is a generic and efficient C++ library called Milena. Milena provides a framework to implement simple, fast, safe, reusable and extensible image processing tool chains. The library provides many ready-to-use image data structures (regular 1D, 2D, 3D images, graph-based images, etc.) and algorithms. Milena's algorithms are built upon classical entities from the image processing field (images, points/sites, domains, neighborhoods, etc.). This design allows image processing developers and practitioners to easily understand, modify, develop and extend new algorithms while retaining the core traits of Milena: genericity and efficiency.
On top of Milena, the Olena platform also features optional modules such as Swilena, a component exposing Milena to other languages thanks to the Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator (SWIG); and the SCRIBO module for Document Image Analysis.
The Olena platform is Free Software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
Get Olena from the Download page.
Olena is Free Software. It is released under the conditions of the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Publication From text detection to text segmentation: a unified evaluation scheme in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Robust Reading Conference (IWRR-ECCV) — 1 October 2016
- Publication TextCatcher: a method to detect curved and challenging text in natural scenes in International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition — 8 April 2016
- Publication Improvement of a text detection chain and the proposition of a new evaluation protocol for text detection algorithms — 1 December 2015
- Publication A Tree of Shapes for Multivariate Images — 1 November 2015
- Publication How to Make nD Images Well-Composed Without Interpolation in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) — 14 May 2015
- Publication Practical Genericity: Writing Image Processing Algorithms Both Reusable and Efficient in Progress in Pattern Recognition, Image Analysis, Computer Vision, and Applications -- Proceedings of the 19th Iberoamerican Congress on Pattern Recognition (CIARP) — 10 September 2014
The C++ library of Olena is Milena. It contains:
- different image types
- many tools to ease programming image processing tasks
- a collection of image processing operators.
Several modules based upon Milena are available from the Modules page. They provide solutions to particular tasks of image processing, whereas the library focuses on general-purpose facilities for image processing. Practically modules are:
- source code related to our publications (we advocate reproducible research!)
- source code of our participation to contests
- source code of projects we are involved with.
Development, Resources and Communication
- Olena Git Web: Browsable Git repository of Olena (git://git.lrde.epita.fr/olena).
- Olena Trac: Project development is managed through Trac.
- The following mailing lists are the main medium to discuss Olena: