The Olena Image Processing Platform
Olena is a platform dedicated to image processing and pattern recognition. Its core component is a generic and efficient C++ library called Milena. Milena provides a framework to implement simple, fast, safe, reusable and extensible image processing tool chains. The library provides many ready-to-use image data structures (regular 1D, 2D, 3D images, graph-based images, etc.) and algorithms. Milena's algorithms are built upon classical entities from the image processing field (images, points/sites, domains, neighborhoods, etc.). This design allows image processing developers and practitioners to easily understand, modify, develop and extend new algorithms while retaining the core traits of Milena: genericity and efficiency.
On top of Milena, the Olena platform also features optional modules such as Swilena, a component exposing Milena to other languages thanks to the Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator (SWIG); and the SCRIBO module for Document Image Analysis.
The Olena platform is Free Software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
Get Olena from the Download page.
Olena is Free Software. It is released under the conditions of the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Publication Real-Time Document Detection in Smartphone Videos in Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) — 10 May 2018
- Publication The Tree of Shapes Turned into a Max-Tree: A Simple and Efficient Linear Algorithm in Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) — 10 May 2018
- Publication Un algorithme de complexité linéaire pour le calcul de l'arbre des formes in Actes du congrès Reconnaissance des Formes, ImageApprentissage et Perception (RFIAP) — 4 May 2018
- Publication Segmentation des hyperintensités de la matière blanche en quelques secondes à l'aide d'un réseau de neurones convolutif et de transfert d'apprentissage in Actes du congrès Reconnaissance des Formes, ImageApprentissage et Perception (RFIAP), session spéciale “Deep Learning, deep in France” — 4 May 2018
- Publication Parallel Computation of Component Trees on Distributed Memory Machines in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems — 2 April 2018
- Publication The Challenge of Cerebral Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Neonates: A New Method using Mathematical Morphology for the Segmentation of Structures Including Diffuse Excessive High Signal Intensities in Medical Image Analysis — 22 March 2018
The C++ library of Olena is Milena. It contains:
- different image types
- many tools to ease programming image processing tasks
- a collection of image processing operators.
Several modules based upon Milena are available from the Modules page. They provide solutions to particular tasks of image processing, whereas the library focuses on general-purpose facilities for image processing. Practically modules are:
- source code related to our publications (we advocate reproducible research!)
- source code of our participation to contests
- source code of projects we are involved with.
Development, Resources and Communication
- Olena Git Web: Browsable Git repository of Olena (git://git.lrde.epita.fr/olena).
- Olena Trac: Project development is managed through Trac.
- The following mailing lists are the main medium to discuss Olena: