The Olena Image Processing Platform
Olena is a platform dedicated to image processing and pattern recognition. Its core component is a generic and efficient C++ library called Milena. Milena provides a framework to implement simple, fast, safe, reusable and extensible image processing tool chains. The library provides many ready-to-use image data structures (regular 1D, 2D, 3D images, graph-based images, etc.) and algorithms. Milena's algorithms are built upon classical entities from the image processing field (images, points/sites, domains, neighborhoods, etc.). This design allows image processing developers and practitioners to easily understand, modify, develop and extend new algorithms while retaining the core traits of Milena: genericity and efficiency.
On top of Milena, the Olena platform also features optional modules such as Swilena, a component exposing Milena to other languages thanks to the Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator (SWIG); and the SCRIBO module for Document Image Analysis.
The Olena platform is Free Software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
Get Olena from the Download page.
Olena is Free Software. It is released under the conditions of the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Publication A Two-Stage Temporal-Like Fully Convolutional Network Framework for Left Ventricle Segmentation and Quantification on MR Images in Statistical Atlases and Computational Models of the Heart. Multi-Sequence CMR Segmentation, CRT-EPiggy and LV Full Quantification Challenges—10th International Workshop, STACOM 2019, Held in Conjunction with MICCAI 2019, Shenzhen, China, October 13, 2019, Revised Selected Papers —
- Publication Braids of Partitions for the Hierarchical Representation and Segmentation of Multimodal Images in Pattern Recognition —
- Publication One More Step Towards Well-Composedness of Cell Complexes over n-D Pictures in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Discrete Geometry for Computer Imagery (DGCI) —
- Publication Benchmark on Automatic 6-month-old Infant Brain Segmentation Algorithms: The iSeg-2017 Challenge in IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging —
- Publication Standardized Assessment of Automatic Segmentation of White Matter Hyperintensities: Results of the WMH Segmentation Challenge in IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging —
- Publication Introducing Multivariate Connected Openings and Closings in Mathematical Morphology and Its Application to Signal and Image Processing – Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM) —
The C++ library of Olena is Milena. It contains:
- different image types
- many tools to ease programming image processing tasks
- a collection of image processing operators.
Several modules based upon Milena are available from the Modules page. They provide solutions to particular tasks of image processing, whereas the library focuses on general-purpose facilities for image processing. Practically modules are:
- source code related to our publications (we advocate reproducible research!)
- source code of our participation to contests
- source code of projects we are involved with.
Development, Resources and Communication
- Olena Git Web: Browsable Git repository of Olena (git://git.lrde.epita.fr/olena).
- Olena Trac: Project development is managed through Trac.
- The following mailing lists are the main medium to discuss Olena: