The Olena Image Processing Platform
Olena is a platform dedicated to image processing and pattern recognition. Its core component is a generic and efficient C++ library called Milena. Milena provides a framework to implement simple, fast, safe, reusable and extensible image processing tool chains. The library provides many ready-to-use image data structures (regular 1D, 2D, 3D images, graph-based images, etc.) and algorithms. Milena's algorithms are built upon classical entities from the image processing field (images, points/sites, domains, neighborhoods, etc.). This design allows image processing developers and practitioners to easily understand, modify, develop and extend new algorithms while retaining the core traits of Milena: genericity and efficiency.
On top of Milena, the Olena platform also features optional modules such as Swilena, a component exposing Milena to other languages thanks to the Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator (SWIG); and the SCRIBO module for Document Image Analysis.
The Olena platform is Free Software. It is distributed under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
Get Olena from the Download page.
Olena is Free Software. It is released under the conditions of the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Publication An Equivalence Relation between Morphological Dynamics and Persistent Homology in 1D in Mathematical Morphology and Its Application to Signal and Image Processing – Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM) —
- Publication Introducing Multivariate Connected Openings and Closings in Mathematical Morphology and Its Application to Signal and Image Processing – Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM) —
- Publication How to Make n-D Plain Maps Alexandrov-Well-Composed in a Self-dual Way in Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision —
- Publication High throughput automated detection of axial malformations in Medaka embryo in Computers in Biology and Medicine —
- Publication Motion Compensation in Digital Holography for Retinal Imaging in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI) —
- Publication Intervertebral Disc Segmentation Using Mathematical Morphology—A CNN-Free Approach in Proceedings of the 5th MICCAI Workshop & Challenge on Computational Methods and Clinical Applications for Spine Imaging (CSI) —
The C++ library of Olena is Milena. It contains:
- different image types
- many tools to ease programming image processing tasks
- a collection of image processing operators.
Several modules based upon Milena are available from the Modules page. They provide solutions to particular tasks of image processing, whereas the library focuses on general-purpose facilities for image processing. Practically modules are:
- source code related to our publications (we advocate reproducible research!)
- source code of our participation to contests
- source code of projects we are involved with.
Development, Resources and Communication
- Olena Git Web: Browsable Git repository of Olena (git://git.lrde.epita.fr/olena).
- Olena Trac: Project development is managed through Trac.
- The following mailing lists are the main medium to discuss Olena: