Olena 1.0 — July 14, 2009
Olena 1.0 has been completely rewritten since Olena 0.11. This new version is not compatible with the previous ones. It tends to be easier to use and faster to compile and run. We would appreciate any []/[reports] about this new version.
Olena 1.0 is available as source code archives (tarballs).
- The SHA1 digests of theses packages are:
33fc3a327db3f4f68c882d3b2462b83841425628 olena-1.0.tar.gz 2c6ba36d4a156156f7d5ea8f2e1f02bbec9c9098 olena-1.0.tar.bz2
- The core C++ library, renamed to Milena, has been rewritten from scratch and features numerous additions over the past releases.
- Milena uses a simplified version of the SCOOP 2 paradigm (informally called SCOOP 1.5), to improve the speed of compilation and the ease of development while still providing very good run-time performances.
- A first reimplementation of Swilena featuring Python wrappers for a very small subset of Milena is available. The Swilena Python Shell (sps) allows interactive Olena sessions.
- A reference documentation including a tutorial and a quick reference guide have been started. They do not cover the whole library yet.
- Olena includes some demos which use Milena, the core C++ library.
- Olena has now an official logo.
More information on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
Features Subject To Change
A list of features which are subject to change in the next releases is available here.
If you encounter any problems with this release please contact us.