Olena 2.0 — September 16, 2011
Olena 2.0 is a new version following the version 1.0 released two years before. The interface of the core of the platform, the Milena library, has not been changed since Olena 1.0, though it has been extended with new algorithms and data structures. Therefore, programs written with Olena 1.0 are expected to run as-is with Olena 2.0. Please contact us (see below) if you face problems while upgrading to the new version.
Olena 2.0 is available as source code archives (tarballs).
- The SHA1 digests of these packages are:
d3a829fa56bff4edbca58af0c9a39c9569820c60 olena-2.0.tar.gz 0abae2a9bc751a8fb33acacd2dbe70635d5dd00b olena-2.0.tar.bz2
Olena is currently being integrated into Debian. However .deb files are already available :sudo dpkg -i olena-bin_2.0-1_amd64.deb olena-dev_2.0-1_all.deb
Add Olena's repository and install the package:sudo add-apt-repository ppa:olena/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install olena
Olena is available in Mandriva Cooker mainstream:urpmi olena-devel olena-tools olena-docPackages are also available here: [] || [] || []
Mac OS X
sudo port install olena
Once Olena is installed, development headers are available in /usr/include/mln and /usr/include/scribo.
Two program tools are also available : scribo-cli and scribo-viewer.
- The biggest addition to Olena available in this new version is the SCRIBO module for Document Image Analysis (DIA). This module has been developed in the context of the SCRIBO project (see http://www.systematic-paris-region.org/en/projets/scribo). The SCRIBO module provide software building blocks to create DIA tool chains, including routines for preprocessing steps (such as binarization, show-through removal, deskew and denoising), text lines identification, non-text objects retrieval (tables, pictures, separators, etc.), line reconstruction (rebuilding separators and tables), Optical Character Recognition (OCR) integration, document reconstruction (converting a document to XML, PDF and/or HTML outputs). Dedicated data structures are also provided to handle intermediate results. Some Graphical User Interface programs based on the Qt toolkit are also available.
- Several compilation issues have been addressed.
- New algorithms (especially in mathematical morphology), canvases (or algorithmic patterns) and efficient algorithm variants have been added to Milena, as well as some new data types (see NEWS for more details).
- More conversion routines, especially regarding color values.
- Support for I/O routines (both built-in and depending on third-party packages) has been improved.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
More information on updates are provided in the NEWS file of the package.
Features Subject To Change
A list of features which are subject to change in the next releases is available here.
- C++ compiler
- GNU GCC (g++) 4.2, 4.4, 4.5
If you encounter any problems with this release please contact us.